Calling all Sussex food shops, pubs, cafes and restaurants – do you sell and serve local Sussex ingredients? If not, why not? And if you are, why aren’t you shouting about it?
63% of people say they support businesses who sell or serve local products, but it’s hard for them to know who is genuinely doing this. The best way for them to know is for you to tell them.
Highlight your suppliers… on your shelves, on your menus, on your newsletters, website, social media…
- Name that wonderful Sussex cheese producer who works night and day to create something unique and tasty
- Tell them about that farmer who rears your succulent lamb only five miles away
- Name that beer from the brewery down the road which you use in your beer batter or pies
- Flag the bakers who make your bread, the dairy that makes your butter
- List the delicious Sussex wine that’s on your menu – some of the best in the world
Use your selling point … by telling people you are supporting your local food and drink producers!
In no time, you could find some of your top selling products and dishes are Sussex made!
And your customer loyalty could grow and grow…
On your shop shelves – use a photo and a line about your supplier – use their name and use the SUSSEX name
On your menu or specials board – name where your core ingredients come from – the supplier / location – and don’t forget to say it’s from SUSSEX
Horsham District Council has commissioned Natural Partnerships CIC to manage this campaign.